Chime is a cropped, floaty sweater with contrasting stripes and vast billowing sleeves.
Layer it over a tank top or strappy dress, or under a pinafore or dungarees. However you wear it you’ll have plenty of fun swanning about in the fun, floofy (and slightly impractical) sleeves.
This is the kit option, with all the yarn you need plus the pattern.
This sweater is designed to be worn with 10 - 20 cm positive ease. It’s a fairly flexible knit, though, and would also work with a little negative ease, or quite a lot more positive ease.
- a: chest
- b: neckline
- c: yoke depth
- d: length, neck to hem
- e: sleeve at upper arm
- f: sleeve at wrist
- g: sleeve length
All measurements are in centimetres.
All measurements provided here are for the sweater - you should choose the size that gives you the correct amount of ease.
|size||yarn A||yarn B||extra stripe - A||extra stripe - B|
All yarn requirements are in metres.
Yarn A - Caitin Silk (400m, 100gr, 100% silk)
Yarn B - Caitin Fluff (400m, 50gr, 65% kid mohair, 35% silk)
- Pack size one: one skein of silk, two skeins of fluff
- Pack size two: two skeins each of silk and fluff
- Pack size three: two skeins of silk, one skein of fluff
- Sizes 1 - 5 want pack size one.
- Sizes 6 - 8 want pack size two.
- Sizes 9 & 10 want pack size three.
Yarn requirements include a 10% contingency to allow for swatching, and for small variations in tension. Sizes six, seven and nine are right on the cusp of needing an extra skein, so if you feel like living a little dangerously and don't mind a spot of yarn chicken you can consider ordering the smaller pack.
There's a bit of a discount on the larger pack sizes.
Chime kits may be dyed to order if a particular colourway has a sudden run of popularity. It might take a week or two to get your order out to you if so. You can email email@example.com if you want to check what we have ready to ship.
- We're so far from shore now - soft sea green
- Soft rain at twilight - gentle purples and lilacs
- A pocket full of pebbles - soft greys, blues, sandy shades
- Eagle in drag - flamingo and coral and peach
- In the pines - deep, deep teal
- Chasing shadows - a dark warm grey with gentle varigation
- Hey honey, right away - rich honey tones
- Through the fog - soft, glowing minty green
- Snow and crocuses - white with speckles of pink and purple and fresh bright greens
- Leaping from haystacks - soft straw shades
- Snowcloud - the palest of silver grey
- Jumping through leaves - rich, deep red
No mohair? I have some laceweight suri alpaca to use as a substitute. If you want a Chime kit but can't / don't use mohair drop me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org).