Blaze is a heart-shaped shawl with a dramatic slip-stitch border and a neat picot edge.
You can wear it draped elegantly, over your shoulders or as a scarf-like cocoon around your neck.
One 100gr/ 400 metre skein of 4ply yarn for the main colour.
5 x 20gr/ 80 metre mini-skeins of 4ply yarn for the contrast colours.
a: outer curve - 380cm
b: top - 170cm
c: depth - 60cm
You can choose your own combination of full skein and mini skein. I've used Bonfire and Crow Friend for the sample here.
There's a new autumnal mini-skein set. Bonfire is a warm and toasty red and orange fade.
Or if you prefer, you can get any of the older mini-sets.
- Peony: A warm floral pink, fading from bold to barely there.
- Merfade: An undersea wander from turquoise to green.
- The fog is lifting - a glowing green, starting subtle and getting brighter
- Flamingo party - pinks and oranges, a touch of dark speckle, no subtlety at all
- Soft rain - a gradual shift through lilac
- Harvest - soft straw deepening to a rich gold
For the contrast skein, you can choose from:
- Bainín - clean white
- Snowcloud - the softest of silver greys
- Crow Friend - a soft, deep navy
- Chasing Shadows - a warm charcoal grey
(100% merino, 400m/100gr full skein, 5x 80m/20gr miniskein)
- one set of mini skeins
- one full skein
- two matching stitchmarkers
- a download code for the pattern