The Catvent Sweater is designed for advent calendars, although it’s just as happy hoovering up your scrap pile. It’s knit in a DK-weight yarn (or 4-ply held double), which means it’s a reasonably speedy knit.
It’s a top-down, catty-colourwork knit, with drop sleeves and lots of options for customisation.
Make it your own!
The Catvent sweater comes in seven sizes, to fit chest sizes from 75 - 160cm (allowing for 25cm of positive ease).
There are three lengths to choose from;
- cropped - waist-length. I love this style layered over tunics, long shirts and dresses
- regular - hip-skimming. This length is perfect with jeans
- long - butt-covering. This makes for the cosiest of sweater cocoons
And there are four neckline options;
- cowl neck
- turtle neck (narrow neckline)
- boat neck (wide neckline)
- crew neck (narrow neckline)
There are instructions for both a steeked and unsteeked sweater.
You’ll need between 400 and 1050m of main colour (those stripes behind the cats) depending on the size and the options you choose, plus between 200 and 500m of CC1 (the catty colourwork colour) and between 300 and 500m of CC2 (the sleeves/ hem/ neck).
Gauge: 21 sts/ 24 rows for the colourwork section, and 21sts/ 27 rows in stocking stitch.