The Sinister Cat hat and cowl are two fun, quick knits with some satisfying colourwork and plenty of glowering, judgey cats.
Each kit contains a printed copy of the pattern and enough hand dyed yarn to make both the hat and cowl.
- 2x 50gr skeins of the main colour
- 1x 50gr skeins of the cat colour
- 4x 20gr skeins of the gradient yarn
You can choose to have your kit packed up in a box, or just as is if you'd prefer to minimise packaging. The box is perfect if you're giving the kit as a gift.
More importantly, the box is a bit too small for a cat to sit in, but possibly big enough for a cat to try to sit in it, if you have a stubborn, box-loving cat. (I have a stubborn, box-loving cat.)
About the patterns
The cowl comes in one size, but with plenty of help for adjusting it to suit.
There are five hat sizes. They cover head circumferences from 44cm to 65cm, so all heads from toddler to adult should find a size to fit them.
There are alternative dog charts included as well, just in case you're #teamdog.
About the yarn
I used Gloomicorn for the main colour and Super Surprise Sherbert for the gradient.
- 100% superwash merino
- DK weight
- 50gr/112m and 20gr/ 45m skeins
- Mermaid loves unicorn - sea greens
- Super surprise sherbert - pink fading to yellow
- Violets in the clouds - purple fading to blue
- Candyfloss & berries - pink fading to purple
- A little less whimsy - a slightly darker, less frivolous half-rainbow - pink, purple, blue and teal.
- One perfect sunset - a deeper sunset gradient.
There are two main colours to choose from
Gloomicorn - a darker warm charcoal grey
- Duskymane - a cooler steely blue-grey
(The main colours are shown with a lighter grey in the centre.)