This year's catvent knit is the Kaleidocatty Blanket. (Cats love a woolly-wool lap-blanket.) It's a modular hexagonal colourwork blanket - but it can be assembled as a wrap, scarf, a bag or a scattering of tiny cushions instead. The pattern will have guidance for all of these. It's a lot of fun to knit!
This is an advent calendar/ kit combo. It includes;
- 25 x wrapped and dated mini-skeins, in a DK-weight non-superwash woolly wool, perfect - purrfect - for colourwork.
- 4 x 100g skeins in a contrast colour. This is enough yarn for all the colourwork contrast, making up and border.
- 2x mini skeins, unwrapped (one light and one dark) so that you can get your swatching done ahead of time.
- A little stitchmarker stash to start you off.
- Little crafty surprises scattered throughout the advent calendar.
- An extra-special Christmas day package.
- And, of course, the pattern!
Lightness - the main colour skeins will be in pale, soft neutral tones with a bit of speckle excitement. The contrast skeins will be a deep charcoal grey.
Darkness - the main colours will be deep, moody and gently variegated, and the contrast skeins will be a light silver grey.
The yarn shown isn't the yarn that will be in the calendar - that would ruin the surprise! - but I did dye it up as a test to check that the my ideas would work in dyed-yarn form.
You can add in the pin & project bag combo or combine this with the stitchmarker advent calendar, or both! This year's theme is A Spacecat Came Travelling - so expect galaxies, stars and moons. More detail on the Yarn Advent Calendar is here.
UK shipping is included in the price. International shipping is extra. All advents will be sent using a tracked service.
You don't need my kit to knit this! It will work with almost any advent calendar yarns, or your stash or scrap basket. (4ply held double will do just fine.) The standalone pattern will be on Ravelry well before cast-on time.