Last year's catvent knit was the Kaleidocatty Blanket. (Cats love a woolly-wool lap-blanket.) It's a modular hexagonal colourwork blanket - but it can be assembled as a wrap, scarf, a bag or a scattering of tiny cushions instead. It's a lot of fun to knit, and my cats love to snooze on my version.
This is an advent calendar/ kit combo. It includes;
- 25 x wrapped and dated mini-skeins, in a DK-weight non-superwash woolly wool, perfect - purrfect - for colourwork.
- 4 x 100g skeins in a contrast colour. This is enough yarn for all the colourwork contrast, making up and border.
- 2x mini skeins, unwrapped (one light and one dark) so that you can get your swatching done ahead of time.
- A little stitchmarker stash to start you off.
- Little crafty surprises scattered throughout the advent calendar.
- An extra-special Christmas day package.
- And, of course, the kaleidocatty pattern - plus, new this year, a bonus Scrapvent Cats pattern collection - featuring a catty hat, cowl, mitts, socks - lots of quick knits designed with scraps in mind, to help you get the maximum of wearable wooly goodness from your advent calendar AND from your scrap pile. Less waste, more woolly warmth!
Neutral gradient - the calendar skeins will be in soft, desaturated tones, fading from nearly white to deepest dark as the calendar goes on. The contrast skeins will be a deep charcoal grey and a pale silvery grey.
Gentle rainbow - the calendar skeins will be a slowly-evolving rainbow of muted shades. The contrast skeins will be a pale silvery grey.
The yarn shown isn't the yarn that will be in the calendar - that would ruin the surprise!
You can add in just the pin & project bag combo or go for the whole adventstravaganza, and get the stitchmarker calendar as well. This year's theme is Oh Catmas Tree! (and shrub and bush, and little pretty flowers) - so expect verdant greens and leaves and twigs and all sorts of botanical excitement.
UK shipping is included in the price. International shipping is extra. All advents will be sent using a tracked service.
Calendars will be dispatched in October, in plenty of time to reach you before December the 1st
This is the pay-upfront calendar - you can pay in installments here